2.23.2010

A long time ago in a basement far far away.....

Every guy has a vision in his head of what his perfect basement would be. Each vision is different and unique, like a snowflake. Some visions suck like a vacuum, but mine was awesome. The perfect hockey haven! Sitting at the bar having a beer while watching the game on a big TV amongst all sorts of hockey memorabilia and collectibles. What should we do during intermission? How about a game of bubble hockey?

It was a dream that I enjoyed, but never really thought would happen. There are certain phrases that a wife can say that will make her husband very happy, like "can I get you another beer?" or "dare me to go kiss that girl over there?", but on this day the wife chose "we decorated the whole house, so you can do the basement however you want". YES!!! Could this finally happen? I was one step closer.

Then the layoff came. While searching for work, I had picked up some freelance. I soon noticed that freelance work keeps me busy, but no all the time. Not having a job, you feel very lazy just sitting on the couch watching tv, and then it hit me. Why not use my down time to start on my dream project? WIth the help of my father, father in law and neighbor, we usually fit in one day a week of working to make my dream a reality. And so it begins....

2 comments:

  1. We'll see how cool she is when she hears about the plans for their boy's bedroom...

    ReplyDelete